By Slobokan | July 30, 2007
Stuffr, a desktop blogging client for Windows, has a streamlined design that works in conjuction with multiple weblog platforms.
With customizable toolbars, syntax highlighting, and smart prompts, Stuffr offers you all of the tools needed for speedy and convenient posting.
Stuffr allows you to save drafts or publish entries to your blog in real time, but it also offers the choice of saving the post locally for further review and editing.
Stuffr currently supports Movable Type and Wordpress blogs, as well as Tumblr TumbleLogs.
Stuffr’s features include:
Blogging (Movable Type & WordPress):
- Post drafts and publish posts
- Save drafts locally
- Editing posts and drafts
- Multiple blog accounts
- Multiple categories
- Add Categories (WP 2.2+ Only)
- Post date modification
- Add files, images, links and web videos (from YouTube, Vimeo, College Humor, and MetaCafe)
- HTML syntax highlighting
- Technorati tags
- Pinging multiple update services
- Four customizable tag buttons
- It’s 100% free, with no ads or spyware!
- Post Text Entries
- Add Photos
- Cite Quotations
- Link to your favorite sites
- Paste an online chat conversation
- Embed Video
Version 0.9.2 includes the following changes:
- Add: Strike Text (Ctrl+G).
- Add: Bulleted list (Alt+B).
- Add: Ordered list (Alt+O).
- Add: Add List Item (Alt+I).
- Add: –more– (Alt+X).
- Add: Small Caps Style (Alt+F).
- Add lowercase (Alt+F2).
- Add UPPERCASE (Alt+F3).
- Add: Line Break (Alt+G).
- Add: Horizontal Rule (Alt+R).
- Add: New button for inserting images, see change mentioned below (alt+M).
- Add: Visit Website (Alt+W) loads your blog in the browser.
- Add: Visit Admin Page (Alt+D) loads your blog admin page in the browser.
- Add: Keyboard Shortcut List (Alt+K).
- Fix: Uploading a file (non-image) was not closing the anchor link tag correctly.
- Fix: The Word Count feature no longer counts items within HTML tags.
- Change: Images and files can now be uploaded to two different places. (image folder or file folder).
- Change: Redesigned GUI buttons to make them more configurable
For more information on changes included in each version of Stuffr, check the history.txt file that accompanies the file.
Stuffr, with it’s intuitive design, does what a blogging client should, and it does it quickly and efficiently.
So when you have a lot on your mind, take your thoughts and Stuff ‘em!