By Slobokan | April 3, 2008
It’s here! It’s finally here!
The long awaited update is finally finished. It took a bit longer than I expected (about a month longer) because I wanted to add as much to this version as I could before letting it out the door, so to speak. So here it is…
Stuffr, a desktop blogging client for Windows, has a streamlined design that works in conjuction with multiple weblog platforms.
With customizable toolbars, syntax highlighting, and smart prompts, Stuffr offers you all of the tools needed for speedy and convenient posting.
Stuffr allows you to save drafts or publish entries to your blog in real time, but it also offers the choice of saving the post locally for further review and editing.
New in this version of Stuffr are four preset color themes, as well as the choice to customize the interface colors.
Stuffr currently supports blogging on the Movable Type and Wordpress platforms, as well as Tumblr TumbleLogs. Stuffr now also supports posting to Twitter and Pownce.
Stuffr’s features include:
Blogging (Movable Type & WordPress):
- Post drafts and publish posts
- Save drafts locally
- Editing posts and drafts
- Multiple blog accounts
- Multiple categories
- Add Categories (WP 2.2+ Only)
- Post date modification
- Add files, images, links and web videos (from YouTube, Vimeo, College Humor, and MetaCafe)
- HTML syntax highlighting
- Technorati tags
- Pinging multiple update services
- Four customizable tag buttons
- It’s 100% free, with no ads or spyware!
- Post Text Entries
- Add Photos
- Cite Quotations
- Link to your favorite sites
- Paste an online chat conversation
- Embed Video
As you use the Stuffr interface to view your Twitter timeline, it will display up to the last 250 tweets you have received since starting the application.
- Posting Tweets
- Sending Direct Messages
- Highlighting Newly Arriving Tweets
- Posting Blog Entries To Your TimeLine
- Sending Tweets To Your Pownce Account
- Following/Leaving Twitter Users
- Viewing User TimeLines/Favorites
- Keyword blocking (filter out tweets using keywords you define)
- “Hushing” users (temporarily filter out tweets from specific people)
- Posting Notes
- Highlighting Newly Arriving Notes
- Posting Blog Entries To Your Pownce Notes
- Sending Notes To Your Twitter Account
- The tab order on the Account Setup Screen is now in the correct order.
- The height and width of the app would “fluctuate” from time to time.
- The Insert Image/Upload File window would hang (not close) when uploading large files or images.
- If you edit a post on one blog and then switch to another blog, it no longer overwrites the post id on the second blog.
- Fixed a small sizing issue when embedding YouTube videos.
- Changed the default position of the cursor on the form when opening some options.
- If you have chosen to update Twitter while creating a blog entry, you will notice a “delay” as the Twitter display is refreshed.
For more information on changes included in each version of Stuffr, check the history.txt file that accompanies the file.
Stuffr, with it’s intuitive design, does what a blogging client should, and it does it quickly and efficiently.
So when you have a lot on your mind, take your thoughts and Stuff ‘em!
– Powered By Stuffr! –