By Slobokan | July 28, 2009
It’s been over a year since I updated Stuffr. A lot has happened in the past year. I’ve acquired a MacBook and an iPhone. I’ve been laid off from the day job I held for almost 11 years, and I have formed an LLC for my own company.
There isn’t too much new with Stuffr 0.9.8, but there was a slight change with WordPress starting with version 2.8+ so I thought I better get a new build out on the streets, so to speak.
When upgrading to this version of Stuffr, if you are using WordPress2.8+ (which you really should upgrade your copy of WordPress if you aren’t) you MUST edit the Service API in the Account Setup screen to ‘WordPress2.8+’ or else you will see some strange anomalies when you try to edit posts.
So, here is the new Stuffr:
Stuffr, a desktop blogging client for Windows, has a streamlined design that works in conjuction with multiple weblog platforms.
With keyboard shortcuts, syntax highlighting, and smart prompts, Stuffr offers you all of the tools needed for speedy and convenient posting.
Stuffr allows you to save drafts or publish entries to your blog in real time, but it also offers the choice of saving the post locally for further review and editing.
New in this version of Stuffr are four preset color themes, as well as the choice to customize the interface colors.
Stuffr currently supports blogging on the Blogger, Movable Type and Wordpress platforms, as well as Tumblr TumbleLogs.
Stuffr’s features include:
- Multiple blog accounts
- Add files, images, links and web videos (from YouTube, Vimeo, College Humor, and MetaCafe)
- HTML syntax highlighting
- Four customizable tag buttons
- It’s 100% free, with no ads or spyware!
Blogging (Movable Type & WordPress):
- Post drafts and publish posts
- Save drafts locally
- Editing posts and drafts
- Multiple categories
- Add Categories (WP 2.2+ Only)
- Post date modification
- Pinging multiple update services
- Publish posts
- Save drafts locally
- Editing posts
- Post Text Entries
- Add Photos
- Cite Quotations
- Link to your favorite sites
- Paste an online chat conversation
- Embed Video
- Keyboard shortcuts for OPTIONS, SAVE, and PUBLISH buttons.
- Post content window was attempting to automatically format URLs.
- Some characters were not displaying properly when editing posts.
- Support for WordPress 2.8+ has been added. YOU MUST CHANGE THE API IN YOUR SETTINGS.
- None at this time.
For more information on changes included in each version of Stuffr, check the history.txt file that accompanies the file.
Stuffr, with it’s intuitive design, does what a blogging client should, and it does it quickly and efficiently.
So when you have a lot on your mind, take your thoughts and Stuff ‘em!